Jeff: So after my land cruiser failed inspection--
Me: OO! Oakley's on the litter box! Call you back!
Jeff: Oakley's wha--?
60 seconds later...
Me: Sorry about that. I had to catch her in the act.
Jeff: Did you just hang up on me to photo a cat taking a dump?
Me: ... Yes. Yes I did.
Jeff: Wow.
So! We're now on Day 17. We've finished raising the box:
Time to go shopping. Toilet seat, plastic, duct tape and a bag of the only flushable litter sold at Petsmart.
I now have a toilet seat duct taped to a litter box intruding into my personal space. (Why do I have a feeling I'm going to be the one learning to pee through a hole?) Oakley was the first to try it this morning. She stared at it for a bit...pawed at the litter...and proceeded to squish her big fuzzy butt into the seat.
Per the book I've employed a piece of sticky-side up duct tape to encourage them to balance on the seat itself. So stay tuned! The next few days are going to be EXTREMELY interesting.










Oh, yes... we're staying tuned! Is there really room for you on the adjoining throne? Jeff gets big points for patience!
ReplyDeleteI think Jeff is as interested in this project as I am. I'm actually really nervous at this point- this is the make or break moment!!
ReplyDeleteAnd hey! "is there really room for you on the adjoining throne"... what are you implying??? ;)
ReplyDeleteGet off it, daughter.... that litter-potty overhangs the human one by a couple inches. Even Eliza would have a hard time not knocking into it in the middle of the night! If Eliza won't fit, there is no hope for the rest of us mortals! Not sure if the "force" is with you, but Granna and Pappap are, for sure!
ReplyDeleteDon't feel guilty on our part - we love Pilgrim and Oakley! And we're laughing at all three of you over here, I have to admit. Even Asa, although that might just be because M. & I are laughing. He does that.
ReplyDeleteBut really - you're anal about posting about toilet training? Anal? Seriously? come on...
Arrrgh! You are right- that's pretty awful. =P
ReplyDeleteamazingly enough, that was the first time i've played second fiddle to a cat taking a dump. :)
ReplyDeletei was worth it though.
i noticed that day 16 image is ghosted on top of day 15 photo.