Saturday, October 2, 2010

A date with Sarah and Kohta

Last weekend (yeah, I know...I've been lazy on the blogging), I got to spend the day with Sarah and Kohta for a long-overdue date!

We started with some dim sum in Chinatown.  I Looooove dim sum.  For short money we were very full and satisfied (but we avoided the chicken feet this time around)!


Next we boarded the last ferry to George's Island.  Kohta kept lookout for Jeff's lost hat from the whale watch incident of 2009.  (Salty rap video HERE.)


I've never been to the harbor islands.  I found out that the movie Shutter Island was filmed on Peddocks Island.  George's Island had one of the last traditional forts built in the 20th century... Sarah described it as a project that took to long... by the time construction was finished (30 years after it began), long range rockets made a brick and mortar compound obsolete.

Still, it was fun to see!






Above is where they had a series of cannons, and the famous "disappearing armstrong rifle"- a cannon with a 30-mile range.  It's a really neat design- the recoil of the fire forces the gun down behind the wall, also allowing it to be reloaded with ease.  There's a single remaining rifle in working order in New Zealand, according to Youtube.

The trip back was windy and CHILLY...fall is here!  Sarah strategically placed herself between Kohta and I, until Kohta got up, that is.  So we improvised.  :)












We warmed up back home with Sarah's very fancy cartridge-taking Nesspresso machine with magic milk frother.  Fabulous cappuccino!! 



 Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Damn shame you guys don't have fun together! Kohta, you brave guy... taking on the two of them together???... well... yeah... they are cute... double arm candy, huh?

    ReplyDelete