Tonight I received a heartbreaking call from E&M... Their beloved Oliver has been struck by a car. Sobbing all the way home, E told me she'd chased another cat across the street. She died instantly. I'm heartbroken for all of Asa's family...most especially little Asa, who brought out the mother in their fine, fine cat, and had a true friend.
Oliver was funny, friendly, and sensitive. Always there when Asa needed her. I will miss the stories and the playfulness, but her family will miss her the most.
Thank you, Jen. When Eliza told me today that she'd asked you to spend the day with Marcey and Asa, I said "of all the dear friends, Jen is the one who truly gets it". I also remember, before Oliver was truly adopted, you... sitting on the back step, making that semi-feral kitten play... encouraging her trust.
ReplyDeleteIt is heartbreaking... but I'm so glad you were able to be there to help ease the pain.
She was such a sweet cat... I'm glad I could help, even if I couldn't change it. We did have a wonderful day of apples and dishwashers. I certainly hugged my own cats when I got the news, and E's blog post made me cry at work today
ReplyDelete