Monday, October 11, 2010

An afternoon at the farm

This Saturday I spent some time doing some things I had to do... including a very expensive computer repair (which both my brothers suddenly claimed they'd handle for me next time...grumpiness free of charge).  But one of those things included pumpkins!  So I scooted to the local orchard, Brooksby Farm


I should put that up at work.  There were piggies, chickens, llamas, emus, apples... and pumpkins!

$25 later, pumpkin (vidalia-cucumber salad dressing, apple pie apples, recipes, mulling spices...) in arms, a parking attendant called out, "Nice Pumpkin!"  I can only assume that wasn't a euphamism for my ass.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it better to think that he WAS complimenting your ass? Next time, buy a couple of cantaloupes!
    I recently discovered roasted pumpkin seeds in a bulk bin at the produce market... and there went my last regret at using my "plug in punkin"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Cantaloupes!! I just got myself a plug in pumpkin. It looks great with the orange curtains. :)

    ReplyDelete