Sunday, January 3, 2010

A North Carolina native hopes to sleep in

From the Charlotte Observer:  http://www.charlotteobserver.com/topstories/story/1157154.html


"I've slept through a mild earthquake in Italy," the Goldsboro native said by phone from his office at NPR's headquarters in Washington. "And also a very tight hockey game where people were screaming their heads off. So the next time I'm up early enough to see the sun rise, I want it to be because I'm coming home from a party."

But if Kasell has retired from his everyday gig, he's not going away completely. 

"I'll keep doing this ["Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me"] until I get tired of it, and I don't know when that will be," he says. "I just saw Danny Schorr in here working. He's in his 90s and still coming to work to do his commentaries on 'All Things Considered,' and he's still sharp as a tack. I told him he's an inspiration to us kids. Yeah, 76 is the new 75."

Sleep well, Carl- "see" you Saturday!


1 comment: