After the country singer botched the national anthem, the cheerleaders arrived. And they were workin' it, believe me.
The Jumbotron was pretty... jumbo...but the graphics they put behind the Charlotte skyline were fun.
In the third quarter I took a loop around the Time Warner Arena.
I was surprised to see a whole entertainment center for the kids in the arena. There was an arcade (Pacman at left), a basketball court, and a raffle. I have to think this was for parents with season tickets and young kids.
The other thing I was surprised to see was an open bar. The court is behind everyone as they gaze up from tables at 3 flat screen tv's. It was really bizarre... sure it's neat atmosphere, but isn't this missing the point?
In the end the Bobcats lost to the Magic in overtime. It was a fun game, I'm glad I went, and I'd go again. I love me a good crowd. Oh, and t-shirt guns. I love t-shirt guns.
Oh, darlin... Basketball stopped really happening when Larry and Magic (the man, not the team) retired! Ask Eliza about the year we draped the back door in black. Dr. J. Now there was a B-ball hero!
ReplyDelete