Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I'm tired.

6a00d83451c5ac69e200e54f543a9e8833-800wi

My camera isn't with me at the moment so my packing-9-months-of-items/animals-into-my-honda-civic will be in a future entry.  It all really did fit and it really did make the beautiful drive 9 hours north to Pennsylvania.  Although the cats were extremely unhappy about the event.  Pilgrim upchucked in northern NC as expected, but then again 9 hours later as we went over the steep hills of western PA. Oakley protested when she wasn't sleeping.  Chou was cool as a cucumber in the back seat.

I'm really just writing this entry because I'm TIRED.  I'm tired of being transient, tired of a company moving me from place to place with no promise of longevity, tired of living a life that's not my own, tired of not being able to plan ahead more than a couple months, tired of trying to be positive (anyone who's called me knows how accurate THAT is).  The very idea that I'm about to move all my belongings into a temporary living arrangement makes me want to quit immediately, as stupid a plan as that would be.  A car-full is one thing.  An entire house?  To sleep in my own bed only to potentially lose it again later?  It's overwhelming.

Needless to say, I'm a little fried.  I enjoyed my time in Charlotte, for the most part.  I should have taken better advantage of the things it offered, but there was no plan.  I am, for the most part, enjoying my week in PA working in a boiler, even though the motel I picked is more like a 2-star Motel 6 (at least it's clean...it's microscopic, but it's clean).  The guys here are being great as usual, although I'm sure I'll hear about inconsistent weld repairs from Greg tomorrow.  I'm just freakin' TIRED, and I'd just really rather not be doing this right now. I'd rather be in one place, knowing that I'd be planning for winter there, leaving me free to invent and repair and plant.

Anyway, I won't burden my faithful readers too much in this entry.  Hopefully a more upbeat entry will follow soon- thanks for letting me vent. 

8 comments:

  1. You vent any time, sweetie... we're here for you! Don't blame you in the least for being disgusted and down. Remember, San Onofre isn't going away anytime soon. Time to explore the possibilities.
    We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am about to start my travelling adventures... We can be vent buddies! Am here for you... worried about how it's going to be and what it means for my family. I'm here for you, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. I really appreciate it. Here's an easter egg for you...a song that expresses the insanity in a hip way:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UW_yY1a8Xw

    Jess- where are you going and how is it going to change your family? Is this the BI tour of the summer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vent away. That's what we're all here for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Couldn't open the youtube... will try again later. Hey, Jen, could you put a name to the picture? Is it a Rossetti? Or a Titian??? John brought me coffe this morning, and said "wow, that picture of Jen in the orange gown is really gorgeous"!!! What can I say... my husband really loves you to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I love John! :) I don't actually know the artist. I do love that picture tho. I found it by searching for images of the word "tired". :) If I find out, I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The image is "Flaming June" by Lord Frederic Leighton.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaming_June

    On the same subject, I love this image as well:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Frederick_Leighton_-_Solitude.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, thank you! So my guess of Rossetti wasn't too far off... I think Leighton was one of the PreRafaelites? (Marcey, ya wanna weigh in here?) Gut it's lovely, and I can surely see where John saw the resemblence.

    ReplyDelete