- Forks
- Screwdrivers
- Hand cream
- Floss
- Wires to things I know not what
- Flowerpots (although the flowerpot donated by Eliza and Marcey containing the chocolate mint is Gorgeous...I mean flower pots that are too small to be functional)
- Wall hangings
- Newspaper Clippings...and by clippings I mean the entire newspaper
- T-shirts (ahem...JEFF)
- Kitchen things
- Coat hangers (although this is a recent event- Note to travelers: when you're packing coat hangers and 2 items of clothing in a box, do not label the box "CLOTHES", as I will apparently go to the nearest target to purchase more coat hangers. Naturally, I opened the box 2 hours later.)
- Papers and emails chronicling every detail of my college life. Thank goodness dot matrix printer ink fades with time. Although I did keep some of the more important moments.
- An ottoman
- A television
- I seem to be short one bookcase
Overall, the apartment is settling in nicely. I'm currently bootlegging an internet connection, I found "my" coffee shop (www.jaho.com) and I even had guests this weekend! Our growing tribe of friends got back together for a great day of wandering Salem to welcome me back. Thanks to Sarah, Kohta, Eliza, Marcey and Asa for making the day great!
Asa is getting so big! And much more expressive. What a sweet boy. :)
A sweet boy who's still teething. In the absence of a frozen rag I improvised during a sudden attack of sore gums.
See? Bacon is good for EVERYTHING!
I also started riding my newly-tuned bicycle to work today. It's great!!
There's just one big problem with the apartment. I can't shake the smoke smell. At times it's old cigarette, new cigarette, or pot. I'm having a heck of a time finding the source. Sometimes I don't notice, and other times George Burns could be standing next to me. I'm not sure if it's in the window sill or the floor or the walls themselves. Anybody have any ideas?


The only thing you can not have too much of is-reconnecting with loving supportive friends.
ReplyDeleteThere are people around here who make quilts out of old T-shirts. I was going to get one made for Jeff but he opted for the gift of a unicycle instead.
I saw that... Tried to ride it but it's surprisingly difficult! I think he's determined to be a clown in his old age. :P
ReplyDeleteIt is supposed to rain tomorrow, maybe, so your 7 bean plants are outside getting used to the outdoors but under a fence so they don't become instant rabbit food!
ReplyDeleteJim is busily trying to get used to the ipod he got (reconditioned one by Apple)...thanks to Jen showing us hers. He is playing some tunes now, and going to show me the weather. It is hot here(83.9) humidity (40%) but we had a nice lunch in the wooded section of our yard.
smoke... hmm. It could simply be that your neighbors smoke, and it comes in through old walls. That happened to us when we moved - sometimes the hallway would smell of pot. For good reason. :P
ReplyDeleteWe had a great time with you this weekend - come see us soon (and we won't have to break up the party when kidlet gets tired!)
Jim says to check the website of "click & Clack" about residual smoke (as one smells if one purchases a used car) they have some suggestions on how to get rid of various residual smells in cars...of course if people are currently smoking pot???
ReplyDeleteOH, good idea, Marie!... I love Click and Clack... and once they stop wisecracking, their ideas are priceless. small scale...open all windows, start some fans, boil water with white vinegar on stove... maybe add some whole cloves... can't hurt! But if it's coming in fresh, sorry... you're stuck.
ReplyDeleteI found the source! It's coming in from the common bathroom vent. The solution seems to be to leave the door shut and the fan on all day, which works great, but could get pricey. I might have to "alter" the vent sometime soon. But thanks for the great ideas!
ReplyDeleteMrs. Campbell- I can't wait to hear about the iTouch adventures. It's a little hard to blog on due to the small keyboard, but it's great for almost everything else. :)