Monday, May 17, 2010

Peaceful PA

I've fallen in love with Western Pennsylvania.  The hills, the farms, the rolling green, the people...  I'm in love.  I hope to spend more time there in a fashion not dependent on power plant schedules and budgets.  One new discovery this trip was, of all places, Dunkin' Donuts, where I found a new donut variety right next to a well known favorite...


The rest of the week was spent either in a boiler, in a lousy motel, walking some of the many trails Jeff and his parents, or one particular night when Jeff lit his Chiminea for hot dogs.  See video below for a sense of the ambiance.  Notice the crackling wood, and the chirping spring peepers in the background, and the crunching of a late night run to Dairy Queen.  There was even a thunderstorm across the valley flashing silently to the north.



What a beautiful place.

5 comments:

  1. there's plenty more of PA to see in the summer. You'll definitely have to investigate further...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You see why I like it out there?

    If you guys ever want a day trip while you're out there, I'll give you directions to Mom's old-family-farm. And to the really quaint little town that's not far away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We would love to see you again. The opposite of the natural setting here is the school bus demoliton derby at the Big Butler Fair...quite a unique event to see! Your 7 string beans look very happy and I plan to plant them as soon as the frost danger is over which is after May 31st.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mrs. Campbell!! Given my current lack of sun they will be most certainly happier in your capable hands. A happy accident for all! I can't wait to visit again- I promise to tell you about blogging and can't wait to see your new iTouch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah... PA's pretty cool! you need to see the Frank Lloyd Wright house at Falling Water, enjoy a "foodie tour" of the Strip District, ride the Incline up Mt. Washington... and the School Bus Demo Derby sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete