Thursday, May 20, 2010

More moving!

Yep more moving... After my long drive to Connecticut Friday, I got up Saturday morning...resentfully.... and drove to Stoughton to pick up what I hope is my last rental truck for a while.  Not likely, I know, but it was a nice thought at the time.  Rental truck rented, my parents, Lauren and the dog drove to the storage space to funnel my stuff from one box into another....


The funny thing about living without most of your stuff for nearly a year is realizing how much STUFF you have on a completely different level.  For some reason it seemed like I had more stuff moving OUT of the container than moving IN.

Truck packed, we continued north to lovely Salem...except that I took the least lovely route possible.  Stupid GPS taking me along Rt 107.... it didn't help that Brendan called me halfway there and warned me that the apartment was in a ghetto and there were drug addicts everywhere.  I got to the apartment with a heavy heart, but what could I do?

Well, I moved in, that's what.  I forgot how bad New England traffic is.  And yeah, I had to break in since the door was locked (credit cards...don't leave home without them).  And yeah, there's a skinny guy with tattoos who talks too fast.  And yeah, there isn't a stitch of green anywhere except for the radio flyer by the dumpster with seedlings in it.  And yeah, the apartment is bowl shaped and there isn't a level spot in the building.  But... it's close to work...my commute is 2 minutes and I'm getting my bike tuned up for the ride.  And the apartment is airing out nicely, and it's pretty quiet at night- I haven't heard any yelling and nobody's broken into my car.  I even found an unsecured internet connection to pilfer.  Plus, it's walking distance to everything except Target, which includes the Gulu with it's trendy indie tunes, the Peabody Essex Museum, the Witch House, and just about every other Salem touristy spot there is.

I slept nearly the entire rest of the weekend.  I'm still tired, actually.  Burnt out, stressed out, moved OUT Tired.

But as I was unpacking and filtering through my belongings putting a good will box or six together, I found this: 



Spooky, huh?

1 comment:

  1. It's telling you that you've found a good home for your "almost annual" Halloween Party! Of course, you may need to make some practice batches of Skip and Go Naked, just to hone your skills!

    ReplyDelete