After arriving at Jeff's house we met his parents, both retired. Mom's a former teacher and marriage counselor and dad's a Presbyterian minister. They are AWESOME! The funny part was that their split level house was laid out EXACTLY the same as Kate Treacy's house in Boxboro, MA. And Kate called me earlier that day!! It was really wild.
We went home late with a new addition- Liebe, a 5 yr old golden retriever being trained as a therapy dog. Liebe is AWESOME. We went to Petco and the woods and played fetch in the yard. See cute pics below:
It's like a squirrel!! A really funny looking squirrel! Liebe was unbelievably polite, and wouldn't make eye contact with my ferocious rodent.
In the backyard of Jeff's parents' house.
On the trail after Liebe rolled a ball into the stream.
Liebe doing her alligator impression. Translation: "It is NOT time to go home!!! I will sit here until I'm ready to leave." Apparently this trick doesn't work as well in summer. :)
Liebe also has some fun on her own. Here, she plays a typical game of "fetch"!
Who's a big fuzzy lap dog?? "I am! I am!"
More roadtrip stories, including a fantasy suit, teenage flashbacks, and an alarming wake-up call, in the next entry. :)

You went right through my hometown!
ReplyDeleteReally? Where?
ReplyDeleteSorry I didnt' see this earlier! John and I spent our childhoods in Washington PA, crossroads of I70 and I79. Looks like you came up 79 from where it splits off of 77? Through Morgantown (John still has family there), through Waynesburg (we both had family there), past the Amity and Lone Pine exits (that's how to get to Uncle Rick's house), on across Washington. Not much to do there, but it's some of the prettiest country on earth.
ReplyDeleteI drive down to an area just above Waynesburg once a month and visit with my spiritual Director Rev. Betty Voigt at the "Ruff Creek" turn off on Rt 79. I stay at a "hermitage" which is a small cabin for a 24 hour retreat time and it is gorgeous countryside. Small world.
ReplyDeleteVery small! Ruff Creek (Crick) is next little town south of Amity, which is closest to where my parents lived, and where my brother still lives. When John and I were in PA last summer we made the pilgrimage down rte. 19, through Ruff Creek, into Waynesburg and beyond; retracing the many Sunday "visiting family" days of our childhoods.
ReplyDeleteHmmm... responded to Marie's post, but apparently my post got lost. Yes, we know Ruff Creek well - old family stomping grounds!
ReplyDelete