And I've also figured out how to do this from work, which is half the battle. I just don't want to be on the internet when I'm home.
So here's a brief synopsis of what's been going on:
- I finally got a day off in Florida to enjoy the weather, which included a massage, a haircut, enormous oysters, and a trip to the zoo.
- I got a fancy new smartphone for free and have been spending inordinate amounts of time trying to figure it out. I see where the technology is going- and it's going there freakin' fast. It's really a new world out there.
- I moved into a fancy new apartment 10 minutes across town...with a yard, a dishwasher, and a few landlord issues to be detailed later.
- I'm really enjoying pottery class! I've made pots with lids, a kinda crummy plate, and I can't wait to do more. The glazing...that's a different animal all together, however. (Kate, your dish set came out completely the wrong color!)
- The weather got really gorgeous for a minute and I bought plants for my sunroom...and they haven't died yet!
- That's a lie...One of my plants did actually die. But the gardenia still living!
- I had my training to vollunteer at the local no-kill pet shelter. I start next week shoveling poo and hopefully keeping my puppy lust at bay.
- I took Oakley to the vet yesterday and she yowled into the vet, but was a perfect cat after that. One x-ray and round of antibiotics later, and she sat perfectlly in the passenger seat, sans carrier, all the way home.
- I learned that a good way to freak out a lot of people is to carry your cat into the vet, sans carrier. Boxer owners especially get really nervous.
- It's another outage at the power plant, so lots of things are getting disassembled. I hope to take a couple friends on a tour this weekend.
OK, brat... I'm working on it! Maybe I'll go back to my old throwaway cameras, and just take turns sending prints to you, Eliza, Becke... and y'all just gotta share!
ReplyDeletere: your smartphone... a friend just mentioned an app called "Starwalk" which looks fascinating! Check it out!
My need to plant & grow DNA is kicking in BIG TIME ;so, I am heading outside for the 1 hour of 65 degree weather with no rain or snow.
ReplyDeleteWARNING: Had 2 years of puppies and they are A LOT of work-need lots of attention and seem to get into ALL KINDS OF MISCHIEF so keep your puppy lust at bay....good for you in walking lonely doggies...just have to learn boundaries and not bring them all home :)
Amen to what Marie said! I've finally gotten rid of all the gnawed furniture, but still have chewed record albums and book spines. To do the right thing by a puppy, you have to be home to train. Crate training is not training, it edges up on being abusive.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to Minneapolis for 20 hours tomorrow! Woot!
ReplyDeleteStarting a new thread... did you know that Corvette once produced a stationwagon?... and that it was the prototype for a very popular station wagon from Chevy, for a larger body style sedan?
ReplyDelete