Someone wonderful has read my blog. Or is a Facebook friend... Regardless of where they are or how they found me, someone out there is truly wonderful.
Thursday afternoon I got a strange card in the mail... a priority mailer from Hanson, MA. I don't know anyone in Hanson, and my first name was spelled slightly wrong- I use Jen, not Jenn....all part of a mystery I have yet to decipher. Inside the mailer was another envelope return addressed to Santa at the North Pole (PO Box 1), containing a musical Christmas card, with several gift cards.
This was a real surprise. I'm seriously floored... I'm moved, I'm humbled, I'm thankful.... I've never felt so blessed/loved/cared for. And then to find out today that the gift was more than it originally appeared... I don't know what to say. This is a wonderful gift... It changed how I thought of the vacation and how I think of my friends. Today some of the money went towards a battery charger, a replacement pair of jeans, and a couple replacement bras (I hope the islanders enjoy my 36B's!!).
I don't know what organization or church or person put this together...but wow. Thank you sooo much. I would like to thank you in person...because I am moved beyond reason... Whoever you are, please have a very Merry Christmas, because I certainly will. God Bless!
Whether it's a matter of just believing in Mr. Kringle... or accepting that now and then the Grinch's heart grows out of all proportion... the truth is that there is goodness and love around us, and it is part of the grace which God gives us, and it is ours' only to accept and be grateful. I hope that whomever sent this gift is glowing with the happiness that giving can bring, and that you glow with the joy of being cared for.
ReplyDeletePS... Steeler cards are AWESOME!!!
ReplyDelete