Sunday, April 11, 2010

Blossoms blossoms everywhere!

Last weekend I went to the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden in southern NC (is that redundant?).  The place is gorgeous!


A very Spanish/Italian garden.  Loved it!

The garden was celebrating a "seating" competition, and artistic seats were scattered throughout the gardens.  Some tourists and I agreed that this one needed some work.  :)

But this one was quite restful!!

Fountains were also throughout the property, including this fun interactive "tunnel".  Since it was 85 degrees out, I found it extremely refreshing!

My favorite flowers were definitely these frayed tulips.  Very pretty indeed.

I was also thrilled by this peach tree- the flowers were bi-colored!

More pictures can be found HERE.  Enjoy!

When I got home, the Spring Harbinger herself was guarding a clutch of baby harbingers in the tree directly outside my apartment building, in the last leaf-less tree on the block.  It's fun to watch their progress!

Happy Spring everyone!

7 comments:

  1. They're all great, but I loved the robin too. No robins in SOCA... but our Orioles came back today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I would've posted pics of the Chinese garden at UNC but it was TERRIBLE. The mexican citrus combined with the total lack of serenity (random plants and rocks do not a scholar's garden make) made me just want to get a latte. :P Daniel Stowe was way better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. John is wondering where Daniel Stowe is located? He thinks he may have been there. Is it perchance in New Bern?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually it's in Belmont, NC, right next to the SC border.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jen, Jeff showed me how to make a comment and I am doing this "all by myself" and hope this gets through. I really enjoyed the photos and pictures of Daniel Stowe...thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome, Mrs. Campbell! I'm glad you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete