Friday, February 3, 2012

Happy Birthday to MEEE! :)

I turned the ripe old age of 36 this past weekend, and several folks came out of the woodwork to celebrate!

Jeff came over for fun in the wintery sun, which actually turned out pretty great.  That first night, however, I just had to take care of something that was bothering me...and I mean it was really bothering me... I gave Jeff a haircut.  And a tattoo.

I think it looks pretty good!  :)

Saturday's weather was warm enough to work on my car (50 degrees in January?  Yes, please...), so Jeff donned my Florida jumpsuit and dove into my squeaky brakes.



After replacing the caliper, filing the shoes, and greasing the pins, we got to enjoy pizza on my front porch...OUTSIDE!  And my honda drives like new!  Thanks, Jeff!!  =D

The next day we explored the Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary in Topsfield.  I was tired, but it was a really beautiful place.  I can't wait to go back in spring.


Monday was spent looking for High Tea, which we never actually found.  Turns out most tea places are closed Mondays, which was really disapointing.  Jeff and I wound our way back to the airport, passing a familiar-looking land cruiser (looks just like Jeff's, but prettier), and attending a nice Vietnamese restaurant in Harvard Square.  Before going to Logan, we said hello to our good friends on NPR.  :)

Greetings to Tom and Ray!
The next day I received a fancy box in the mail- it was a Hitachi router from Sarah and Kohta!  I was so excited I called Sarah and Jeff.  The router is the next thing on my tool wish list.  I can't wait to make drawers.  Whee!!  :)

And the grand finale- Eliza, Marcey and the boys came up for a really great dinner at my favorite pub, The Old Spot right here in Salem.  DE-LISH.  Thanks, everyone for the good wishes!! 

Asa enjoyed his cranberry spritzer...
 
... while Marcey shared Eliza's Coffeehouse Porter
Elias snoozed through the whole thing, which was actually perfect.


1 comment:

  1. I feel so bad!!! I forgot... and Eliza did remind me... it's all my fault. Happy 36, my dear extra daughter, and many, many more.

    ReplyDelete