What news... well...
- I got a promotion! Does that mean I like Shaw any better? No, but it makes me feel sort of appreciated. It was a contradiction from the review I received in October, so it was certainly a surprise! It came with a fabulous raise, too.
- I got a new printer! It's a fancy e-printer, so I can email fun pics and messages to my living room when I'm lonely. (Let me know if you'd like to send me a fun pic too! It's locked and loaded!)
- I've been seeing a therapist...who is okkkk... I have my reservations. I'm not a fan of her arriving late, paying out of pocket (thank you Shaw) and thus may switch. The trick is to decide whether or not I should continue to talk things out with a pro now that I'm feeling better or whether this is like stopping your antibiotics when you feel better. I'm also doing better at keeping my head up by taking....
- A new class!! I'm taking a pottery crash course at Clay Dreaming Pottery Studio in Beverly. It's only been one class, but I AM IN LOVE. The first two classes are wheel throwing, the third class is hand building, and the fourth class is glazing. There are more in depth classes, and I'm already chomping at the bit for the next level.
I haven't done pottery since the 8th grade. I've always loved it and my parents still have a couple things I made in school. I did a short blip in college (make an instrument they said... my "bells" turned into "bowls" in the kiln. They didn't survive past the three-note concert.) I was really excited at how fast it came back!! And I'm insanely excited to do what I hope is a creative outlet. It's hard for me to be creative and I know when what I create isn't up to par. Art it may technically be, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist and want to like what I make. That said, I've got LOADS of ideas, and for the first time in a long time, I don't feel like I have to impress anybody in this. I smiled the whole time.
- I paid off my credit cards. For the first time in my adult life, I am credit card debt free. Just student loans at a low interest rate, like most of the rest of the country. I was surprised at how fast my attitude changed on this one... I still gawk at the prices of things, and I still balk at spending too much at any one time, but for the first time, I feel completely in control of my future. I have no guilt for taking the above class. And I have a lot of other things I'd like to learn too. I may have been in control before, but it was too overwhelming in my head (see bullet #2). I'm grateful, I'm excited, and I'm free!
- I found out I owe the government $1600. Tempering the above, I just found out I owe taxes on the living allowance I got in Charlotte. A conversation with H&R Block is in order.
That is the news from Lake Woebegone... I will try to do better. Pics are forthcoming from St. Martin. They are many, and three cameras combined into one album is a big challenge.
On a side note, I love hearing from you! I don't know who reads my blog these days... For example, I know my family doesn't check in, but my adopted one sure does! Keep in touch, k? :)


We usually do, you know. ;)
ReplyDeleteM. said she's never seen a beginner take to wheel throwing so fast, btw. Very impressive symmetry.
And I really like the antibiotic analogy. Except that infections can be cured, while the brain usually keeps needing to talk. Or something.
Keep posting!
Oh, yay, you're back! We're so glad! And all the news is great... congrats on the promotion and raise, and HUGE CONGRATS on being debt-free. The antibiotic analogy is great, I agree... but maybe the brain can also get happy by creating pots, talking to friends, hanging with good church friends? The therapist sounds like she takes unfair advantage of her position, but perhaps that's unfair of me?
ReplyDeleteLove, and welcome back,
Keep posting - from Sarah
ReplyDeleteGreat to see your return to the blog, and also great to read all your news!
ReplyDeleteJohn T.
btw, like those pots... a nice turquoisy glaze would fit well here... hint, hint, hint...
ReplyDeleteThanks you guys!! I really appreciate the notes from you all. A turquoise pot you said?? =).
ReplyDelete