Friday, November 5, 2010

Scenes of Salem

Happy Guy Fawkes Day, everyone!!  Work at the plant is going faster than expected... I may be home sooner than planned.  I just bought all the boilermakers a Papa John's lunch in thanks for their greatness.  It's been a fabulous crew.

Continuing my Salem tirade, here are some scenes from around the city during the October month.


This guy was great.  Very funny, loved posing for pics!
Taken on a random Saturday.  Balloons for Mario!

The most convincing Johnny Depp I have EVER SEEN.
Frank was out all month long, lumbering for pictures...and throats.
The Salem Halloween Parade was a fun start to the October season.  The first Thursday of October, all the local schools and businesses put on a fun show for the town.
Everyone was dressed up!
 

The parade had lots of great acts, but the best surprise was by far...



The parade was just the start.  Festivals continued, including local businesses with plenty to sell...
A crochet creation... inspiring!


Pumpkin art sprang up in doorways everywhere.
This pumpkin always cracks me up.
But this one was fabulous

And most impressively, a professional makeup artist set up a tent on the main drag.  This young lad got shot for a small fee.  Dad was impressed, I was impressed too, and a little shocked!  They even painted faint blue veins on his face... amazing.




Other artists took a more traditional approach, fitting fangs, horns, and other other-worldly accessories.

 Up Next:  A Devil's Race


1 comment:

  1. Whooo...not face painting as we've grown to know it, huh?

    ReplyDelete