Author's Note: I realize Halloween is over, but I'm in Jacksonville, Florida right now working another outage, so you'll have to forgive me my lateness and the idea that I'm dwelling on Halloween. It was one hell of a weekend and there's lots to tell!
| Jeff compares his wingspan to a local bird of prey |
At the beach, the weather was pleasantly brisk without being terribly cold. An appropriate change from the Indian summer weather the day before.
The dunes were a nice touch, complete with Jeff's favorite outdoor feature: boardwalks. In Nature...but not ON Nature. :)
The colors of the marsh were by far the biggest surprise. They were perfect. All reds and yellows and greens...my favorite part of fall. It was definitely the highlight of the island. Jeff came out during the summer, and said the fall definitely has it beat.
On the way home, we stopped in Newburyport (we were lost). A random stop at a local shop turned into QUITE the adventure. First of all, the toy store was a hoot.
Second of all, as we were eating pizza, we discovered that it was a local halloween celebration for the businesses. Kids came through all the shops and trick-or-treated.
So naturally...since I love holidays...and it WAS in the car...
| This picture is slanted because Jeff couldn't stop laughing. "It's so different in person!!!" |
Some of the kids got a little scared, so I tried to make the Martian a little smaller. After all, if you saw a 6'2" blue alien walking towards you, wouldn't you shrink a little?
| The fairy is my favorite... what alien...I got candy! |
Here's a video Jeff took of the event. I think it's almost more fun to watch without sound. :)
The ride home was almost anti-climactic after such an unexpected afternoon!
We completed Jeff's very first corn maze at a local orchard....
| I have a flag! |
| Jeff tries to outsmart the maze with his GPS. |
...and Jeff got started on his own alien.
Up next... Salem in all it's glory.
Oh, Puff meets the yip-yip! How cute was that dragon? How cute was my dragon? How fall-colored was my valley? Jeff beat the wing span... but can he fly?
ReplyDeleteStay tuned, ladies and gentlemen...
Oh my, I just laughed and laughed at yip,yip and the reactions. The video worked on my computer this time! I bet you won't forget that Halloween for a long time!
ReplyDeletePlease don't encourage Jeff to fly, he grew up watching people hang-glide off the mountains in Colorado and I was glad when we moved away from there!
Please, Jen and Jeff... don't grow up! I love it that you jump into your costumes in the middle of the street (what? No phone booth?)... and that you relate so well to the tiny populace of this city, so they did not have to tie you down and gulleverize you!
ReplyDeleteNo, Jeff, you can't fly. Your shadow might fall off, or you might make a turn at the wrong star!
of course i can fly! i'll have to post a snowkiting video sometime.
ReplyDeleteYou know... kitty hawk does have hang gliding lessons.....
the 6'2" martian is sooooooo much funnier in person. You wouldn't imagine how many people said to Jen "Where did you buy those?... you MADE them?!". one lady was eying it up. pretty sure she was trying to decide if she could make one.