Monday, August 30, 2010
Wheee! (Updated)
This weekend held an unexpected surprise: Ziplining! I figured it'd be a hot sunny weekend to work on my art car project (future post) when my brother called with an extra ticket to Lincoln New Hampshire. The conversation went like this:
Brendan: Wanna go ziplining?
Me: Uh, sure! Who can't go?
Brendan: ... Jared.
Me: And is Stephen working?
Brendan: ... yeah.
Me: I'm excited! I'm totally going.
Brendan: See you at 8.
In my infinite wisdom, I chose that night to fall asleep with various car parts strewn throughout the house, all the lights on, the tv on, and the door unlocked. That last bit was lucky, as I was woken up by a pounding on the back door. Pilgrim growled at the intrusion... and then hid under the bed. It was a nice thought, kitty, but you gotta do better than that. =-P
After a hasty shower and a muddled explanation and apology for the sad, sad state of affairs my apartment was in (the car door in the living room, for example), we took off. We got there early, weighed in (240 lb limit) and got into a 1973 Penzgauer (an all-terrain Swiss military vehicle they bought on Ebay).
The guys were great! The sibling (Brendan) was great! The sibling's girlfriend (Karyn) was awesome! I wore a "Wild Jelly Bears" tshirt and was called "Gummy Bear" the whole event. I got to ride shotgun in the Penzgauer and go first on the first zip. The scariest part was looking down out of a tree...but once zipping it was great!! There were 5 total, the last of which was shaped like a "U", which we all took falling backwards off the landing. What a rush! Definitely fun and definitely recommended. :)
A few other pics not included in the video are here.
Whee!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OH, mega-scary! I'm so acrophobic... but those NH treetops managed to look like a comfy cushion to land on. Yeah, right.
ReplyDelete