Tuesday, February 1, 2011

St. Martin Pics are up!

At long last and a month later, the St. Martin pics have been filtered, cropped and posted online.  Here are a few of the highlights...the other 200+ can be found here.  Yeah, I know, it's a lot, but the pics aren't just for you guys, they're for Jeff too, and they're mostly for my feeble memory, since I can see and smell the warm air in each and every one. 

They are organized by location, since 3 cameras and only one with a working date function got too confusing to create a coherent storyline.  Jeff is on task to Geotag them all, since his memory is a photographic steel trap and I can't tell North from Left on a map.  Enjoy!


Landing in St. Martin!

Run awayyyyy!

Jeff at the airport beach

The view from the parking area of our apartment

Me and Maryse, the apartment owner
 
The view from our private deck

Crepes for dinner!


Jeff and the wonderful lady who spoke French with me.
 
Sea spout!

The Atlantic claims another hat


Time to snorkel!
 
Jeff dances a tropical jig

Boat people ferry from cruise ship to tourist shop


Eagle-Eye Jeff found a conch!
 
At the top of the island
 
At a local resort beach

Jeff examines my sand sculpture

A very nice trip!!

7 comments:

  1. Pictures are great to bring back the good memories of a vacation. Let the other memories go out with the tide!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great vacation - I enjoyed all the photos! And even with the disappointing end, you can be hopeful that another sand-mermaid won't have to go topless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jim & Marie just spent Tuesday evening at St. Martin watching all 200 + pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely DYING over the composition of the picture of Jeff and your French-speaking friend... with the bread and the tomatoes?

    BRILLIANT!

    OMFG TOO FUNNY!

    I love love love that. You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leave it to you, Jessica...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just want to add my thanks for going to all the trouble and taking all the time to post all those photos (and captions). I really enjoyed viewing all of them. I had heard of St Martin before, but knew absolutely nothing about it until now. I sure can't say that any more! Looks like you both had a great time. Until the end...

    John T.

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmm... those bring back memories of warm weather! what a great trip!

    I'm ready for another visit.

    ReplyDelete