It's Friday, and it's a gorgeous evening. I'm home from my 2 minute commute (via bicycle, of course), and have met the new petsitter, a very nice woman from Florida. After rehashing the south and the humidity, I decided there was one perfect way to enjoy this summer's eve.
Laundry.
Let me explain. The laundry is here:
The Front Street Coffeehouse is here:
And the Essex Street Shops are here:
You get the idea. Suddenly laundry is a very relaxing experience, full of free internet, iced coffees and happy shopping adventures (unless you're the woman who owns the shop NEXT to the Front Street Coffeehouse and you catch a girl trying to update her blog while sitting at HER outdoor table. Hmph....see if I shop at HER establishment...grumble grumble...)
On that note, I am finding that the folks who own these shops are extremely protective. Maybe it's a symptom of a tourist town. The crazy bookshop clerk was appalled that I might think his CRAZY BOOKSHOP (image forthcoming) seemed disorganized. The man at thrift shop (which is an absolute BALL to browse in), was kind of rude when he said my thrifty stuff wasn't cool enough ("yuck" is generally not a positive term.)
Oh well, in the meantime, my laundry is due for the dryer, and there's plenty of other shops to tour. Or maybe I'll enjoy this warm evening doing absolutely nothing in the area. Later!



May that nasty woman next to the coffeehouse experience all the symptoms of a poor economy. And isn't it humiliating to be told that one's discards are uncool? Alas, more of the rudeness of the Northeast! (and frankly, I'd say the Bostonese are ruder than either New Yawkahs or Parisians!)
ReplyDelete